Competition (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 18:01 (2658 days ago) @ Cody Miller

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/01/31/a-note-about-our-new-ip/

Word on the street is that this new IP is intended to compete with Destiny, and is coming mid next year.

So far nothing has really measured up has it? I never played the Division, but I heard it was bad.

I don't think The Division is great, but it did a few things right that I'd love to see Bungie adopt/learn from.

I thought Mass Effect was bad mechanically, but all I hear is great things about the story and RPG elements.

I would love to see a real competitor so both studios up their game.

Mass Effect 2 & 3 have excellent combat mechanics (not as silky-smooth as Destiny, but more interesting and diverse from a tactical point of view).
I wrote a post ages ago about how ME3's multiplayer mode could almost be seen as a precursor to Destiny in certain ways. Destiny is obviously a much larger animal than ME3 multiplayer, but where they do overlap, I think ME3 is a better game. I prefer the way they handled loot & random drops, the characters & abilities allowed a more diverse range of play styles, and they did a better job of keeping the missions fresh and exciting over time.

So yes, I'd love to see what BioWare can add to this space :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread