Competition (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 22:32 (2658 days ago) @ Kahzgul
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, February 02, 2017, 23:02

If the investment, itself, is fun and rewarding, then you can just plug it right in.

If that's the case you don't have an investment system. It's just a part of the game.

Your assessment of Diablo 2 I don't think is quite right. As I said in my mini review, on Normal you can indeed go through and not have to worry about the investment system. But want to play on Hell difficulty? Then you need really good stuff. Don't have mana steal or + to mana on kill items for your barbarian? Too bad. It was made even worse when 1.08 hit and hell difficulty became much more difficult. There's no way to do the optional uber and pandamonium bosses without a ton of grinding. Why else do you think most of the games on bnet were bloody hills / cow / pindleskin runs? Runes were also so rare, that there was virtually no chance of getting the good ones (by drop or synthesis) that were used to make powerful weapons.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread