It's a TRAP! (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, May 20, 2017, 23:35 (2541 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I feel for you.

I lost the first dog I ever had (I got her when I was 12) about four years ago. I was stationed out in California for the Air Force, and she was at home in Missouri with my parents. Died in her sleep after a long and good life. I still miss her.

I also have a Shih Tzu that my family got when I was a teenager. He's creeping up on 16 years old now. He's mostly deaf, mostly blind, and sleeps about 20 hours a day. He's starting to have trouble moving around. I don't think it's going to be too much longer and he'll be gone. So far, he still seems like a really happy dog and he doesn't show any signs of being in pain, but I'm honestly not sure we'd be able to tell if he was, but I worry about him. Watching a pet get old is rough, and losing one is even worse. ):

Yea. I'm flippen devastated. There is a part of me now that is saying, "lets just move". My home feels dead to me right now, among other things. Everywhere I look there is a happy memory, then I become instantly sad as I know there will be no more a memory to make. That said, the reason I didn't set off alarm bells like I did in the past, is of exactly what you have described with your dog. That's no way to live. For my cat, he was already on medication so the only direction to go was more medication. On top of that, even through he did make a full recovery from the his two ordeals, they did take their toll on his body. When he breathed you could see his rib cage, and even through we increased the rate we gave him food, from three servings from two, he stayed that way. Still a very happy cat, and OH SNAP more food is awesome, but his body took it's toll. If he had survived the night, I presume he would have only gotten weaker. Indeed, so weak that he labored for breath. That is no way to live.

So even through he was breathing so heavy that I made note, I left it to the powers that be. Live or Die. I have no regrets, and I am 100% on my decision; that I made the right choice. I made the choice because I loved the little fur ball so much ;_;. Yet, no good deed goes unpunished.

It's too quiet now, even with music on. It's so obvious that there is so much we don't know. My home, feels so empty now. ;;_;;

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread