A bit. (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 11, 2017, 23:07 (2520 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

xXboxXx, X.B.O.X = X Box One X, Xboxxx. Blah blah blah. I myself am not so hyped for any sort of gaming thing in a box be it called console or PC, which more an more blurs and overlaps. Yea - blah blah blah 4k. HDR is Cool. If I have money that is burnin' a hole in my pocket, then sure, I'll probably jump on because I'm an artist that love to see other artists art in the best way I can. Way I see it it's no different then jumping into a plane, renting a room, all just to see an opening of an artist showing off his or her work in a museum - except I get to do all that in the comforts of my own home.

I have to admit, there is a part of me that feels the the ability to have Original Xbox Games be backward compatible is pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how games that are now at the oldest...oh... 15ish years old hold up.

That said, back in the world of right now, Metro: Exodus. I know the Metro series has had a thing about looking really good, but I don't really know much about the game series at large. Has any one here played the Metro games? How are they? Also on a more "Video Game Art" side of things, I will be very surprised if, once the Grip og the NDA for the art of this game is released, if there has been no Quixel tech to assist in the art assets in this game.

Nothing to add with Ori. Everything is already obvious, twice so if you have played the first one.

Which brings us to Anthem.

Ugh. Some of my past concerns with Destiny are now being exasperated into the industry at large. There is only so much time in a day to play a game. Now - everything is...!ONLINE! here & !ALWAYS ON! there. Really brings what the original idea for Xbox one into perspective really. Instead of being chained hardware wise it's software. There is a part of me that is wondering if there is any difference any more, though I know there technically is. I don't know.

I guess as long as we have Korny to tell us how much better Anthem is then Destiny I guess we will be ok. <3 ;P

Once some more is shown about Anthem, I hope we as a community can talk about the EA version of Bioware's take on the "Shared Word" Videogame idea.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread