Really? (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, June 12, 2017, 18:32 (2519 days ago) @ cheapLEY

No judgment from me, but it was readily apparent to me that those are the players talking and not the characters.

I also don't really get the hate for it. Yeah, those lines are stilted and bad, but I've had nearly those exact conversations with people in Destiny on multiple occasions. Talking about drops, talking about activities to do, talking about farming XP or glimmer or planetary mats, etc.

It wasn't the lines that bugged me, it was their source. When I first watched it, I heard the actual characters saying the lines. I was not hearing people playing the characters saying that. That is what bugged me. Once I was hearing that it completely took me out of the atmosphere.

If it was obvious that those lines were comeing from people playing the game, I would totally understand. But in Anthem, I couldn't tell that at all, I thought these characters were acting like gamers and they knew they were in the game. That's basically all I'm saying :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread