E3 2017 | Microsoft (NSFW Rant) (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 12, 2017, 16:25 (2519 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Xbox One "X"?

Are you fucking kidding me?

How did the meeting for that name play out?

*Just a bunch of 40, 50 year old stuffed suits sitting around a conference table, all with thoughtful looks on their faces, silent for minutes...*

"...how about....X?"

"Oooh, X is good!"

"It's always been a favorite letter of ours."

"Brilliant, Peterson! You deserve a promotion! Guess we can call that an early lunch!"

*All the executives pull out small glass panels and briefcases full of cocaine*

There is NO creative thought process left in the world, NONE. Are you telling me that for four years(it has been four years, right? I'm trying to find the first PS announcement, but I don't seem to see it) of development and engineering, and worldwide input, the best fucking thing you can come up with is ADDING AN X?!

You might as well have just called it Project Scorpio for God's sake! The prototype name was better than the final product!

I can't even imagine what it's going to be like for the parents.

When I and my cousins and friends were all children, none of our parents would have any idea what system their kids told them they wanted--it was almost similar to a careless shopper accidentally picking up the diet soda instead. And of course, they'd get the names wrong--when I asked for a Genesis, they'd genuinely get mixed up and call it a "Super Nintendo Genesis". My cousin Eddie might have invented the facepalm when his mother came back empty handed because 'they didn't have a Playstation64'.

I honestly thought at first they were doing it just to irritate and annoy us, but we eventually found out they really didn't have a clue about this stuff.

Finally getting to the point, my parents could barely separate two opposite looking, rival, unequal consoles with vastly different names.

It's going to (CONTINUE to) be hell for parents to try to distinguish between the Xbox 1, the Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 S, the Xbox 360 E, the Xbox 360 S E, the Xbox ONE, the Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X.

*sighs*

I guarantee you, any of the people in this forum alone can come up with a better name. Or more accurately, an actual name.

In other news.....

Dumbass console name aside, E3 looks to be pretty damn exciting. I'm going to need three jobs to cover all my purchases! ;-)

Let's see what Nintendo has to offer us tomorrow!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread