Thoughts on Weapons Balance (Gaming)

by Harmanimus @, Friday, July 28, 2017, 14:10 (2473 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I personally always preferred the notion of pushing the range bands. Most of the time shotguns should be a 2SK, 3SK for faster firing or what not, but that all shotguns should have more range that works in and faster fire rates overall. Let them have a point blank 1SK potential, to make sure they stay powerful (and let people whiff all the time trying to score the 1SK) but reigned in with their function.

Contrasting that to sniper rifles? Minimum engagement range for precision damage. Probably the unpopular opinion option for a lot of people given that most games have damage drop off instead of increase based on their weapon types. Given that a precision hit was almost always a kill in Destiny with a sniper in PvP the ideal route was lowest 1SK impact with best ease of use. Perhaps making it so that the faster firing snipers have better potential to double-tap the body up close while the heftier ones more reliably one shot everything gives separate purpose.

Personally, while I like pushing hard scoping for snipers I do think making it too severe would just lead to people camping lanes even harder than they already do in Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread