Speculation Saturday #1: The Golden Age (Destiny)

by Durandal, Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 05:56 (3895 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

Having seen quite a few autobodies without the trim and interior, I can say the ones in the photo are too angular even for current production vehicles. If you look at vehicles built in the last two to three years, they are very rounded and smooth. The photos here have small rear windows with very boxy or hard angles that seem much more in line with the late 90s automotive style.

Now, there is nothing stoping future automotive styles to go retro and return to the boxy setup, but it seems unlikely. I'm also going to discount the russian based automotive makers since they currently do build in that style, but I don't see that trend continuing if the Russian economy picks up and they get money for a new design. I expect they will ape European trends just like the Indians and Chinese did when they revamped their markets.

The planes make sense to have a mishmash of types. The last days must have been desperate, and I can see even the US restoring the old planes at the western bone yards in a last ditch effort just to get something in the air to contest air superiorty. Prop driven aircraft are also still used in the modern era for ground support, ECM, recon and transport, so the crashed planes could be more contemporary turboprop aircraft.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread