Masterworks (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 11:51 (2367 days ago)

I feel like I'm missing the point, because I've gotten four or five, and sharded all of them, and have absolutely no interest at all in upgrading any of my guns to masterwork status, or chasing masterwork weapons down.

So, by upgrading a weapon to masterwork status, I get one random perk (whoohoo?), I generate orbs on multikills (yay? that's kind of useful i guess?), and the gun tells me how many people I've killed with it, either PvE or PvP (whoop di doo?).

The cost of doing these three extremely mediocre things is a pile of Shards I never have (I have 100 right now. This is the most I've had in probably the last six months, and it isn't like I spend them as fast as I get them.), and Cores that are rare as hell to come by.

Someone explain to me why I should care about this? Because I feel like everywhere I look it's "omg Masterwork" this and "omg Masterwork" that... and I just don't.

Also, on the back on the subject of Shards, I'm becoming increasingly irritated with how many shards vendors are asking for to either purchase or convert items. This might be a gross exaggeration on my part. When you on average only have 30 to 50 shards though, asking for 15 to 20 stings. I enjoyed having no grind and nothing to really chase, now I'm chasing and grinding for friggin shards as the game has seemingly decided I'm not fit to be swimming in the damn things.

Meanwhile glimmer is never an issue. Ever. I'm apparently an outside anomaly, but Destiny 2's economy is bullshit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread