Masterworks (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 13:37 (2358 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

What do you do with all your shards?

I’ve spent over 900 at the Cryptarch trying to get more Masterwork cores. I spent until I was broke. I’m back up to over 250. I also dismantle weapons I don’t use, which means 90% of my drops get dismantled almost immediately.

Honestly? Nothing.

This was a subject of discussion early last month. The long and short of it for me is thusly:

• I've dropped about 150hrs into the game since launch.
  • I don't raid, I haven't completed a nightfall, I don't play crucible. We run strikes maybe one evening a month for a few hours? They got old depressingly quickly.
  • I've visited and purchased from Xur five or six times, and that feels generous.
  • I'm quick to infuse and shard. My weapons and armor are fairly static and have been since about the time I started getting legendary drops.
  • I just dropped two and a half hours on Io doing the flashpoint. I walked away with two legendary drops and one exotic. This is not counting items I got from Asher for turning in tokens and resources, or items received after I returned to the tower.

Until recently, I considered having ~100 shards wealthy. Now I'm learning that I'm not just poor, I'm basically destitute. And I don't spend them on anything. I basically can't. It's all just infusion, and at 320 that isn't happening very often. I literally do not see the drop rates everyone else does. Granted, I'm playing maybe only 2/5ths of the game, but that should not be the sole reason I'm so broke. If it is, the economy is not well balanced. I will accept it should take someone playing only part of the game, as little as I do, far longer to rack up a sizable shard wallet than someone playing all parts of the game daily. I will not accept that as it stands I'll basically never see a return like that, but continue to run into paywalls I have to grind around.

I basically do everything, not a lot of it, but I do a little bit of everything. I also use the boosts that increase drop rates as much as I can. I get a ton of legendaries. Like a ton. It helps that I shard a ton of rares -> gunsmith materies -> legendaries

So basically I get a ton of shards. However, for me, a "ton of shards" is roughly 300. I still infuse a lot of stuff and I buy stuff off of Xur when I can. So I'm a little more poor than normal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread