Legend of Korra Book 2 Episodes 1&2 *SPOILERS* (Off-Topic)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, September 14, 2013, 15:57 (3871 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[*] There are no other air benders in the entire world yet? Clearly bending doesn't go straight down genetic lines given that Aang has kids spread among the three elements.

Aang was the "Last Airbender" of his time. His children and their children would be the only people in the world to carry the Airbending gene. And 3 elements? As far as I'm aware, there's just the two. Tenzin is the airbender (from Aang's genes), Kya is the waterbender (from Katarra's genes), and Bumi is a non-bender. Also

[image]

Aang's kids FTW! I enjoyed the small glimpses we got into their sibling dynamics in this first episode.

[*] I don't trust the Northern Water Tribe chief's "spirit bending." It looks gentle enough on screen but I can't help think he's not so much releasing them from their anger as he is brainwashing them or something.

Honestly, he actually seemed like a good guy, stern at times, genuinely concerned about the spiritual well being of the tribes. That is, up until that last moment. I liked him until then. Now, I'm not sure. Does he have something to do with the dark spirits that are running amok?

[*] That statue of the "evil Avatar" looked ominous. At the end of Book 1 me and a friend were trying to think up things that could challenge Korra now that she was a fully powered Avatar. Upon seeing some of the early Book 2 concept art, specifically something glowing blue beneath a bubble of ice, I thought we might be dealing with a trapped avatar kinda like Aang was. The very familiar beam of light when Korra opened the spirit portal combined with the "evil Avatar" statue glowing leads me to think maybe I was right.

I don't think that was an evil Avatar statue. Methinks it was a statue of the first Avatar (hence the really old, wooden look to it) someone we'll be learning about in later episodes.

Now the wait till next week begins. :(

Yeah :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread