Legend of Korra Book 2 Episodes 1&2 *SPOILERS* (Off-Topic)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:11 (3876 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My words in blue

Yes well, as far as I could tell by watching the show Bumi's status is not known.

Alright - far enough. Until you see him bend he is not one.

I counter with the fact that very nearly every military commander, besides Sokka's and Katara's father, in the Avatar series from General Iroh (The Dragon of The West) to... well General Iroh (of the Republic's United Forces) was a bender. Bumi is a (retired) military commander AND the son of an Avatar. I think past precedent demands that I err on the side of him being a bender until proven otherwise.

Attempting to get across??

Didn't like the

Oh. Well next time say so. I couldn't tell if I wasn't being clear or if you didn't like my wording or if you were trying to insult me.

Facepalm? Why facepalm?? Was Mr. Evil Avatar named or his background revealed during either episode?

Technically No. Nor was said thing revealed to be "evil". The avatars purpose is to bring balance. The idea of an evil avatar confuses the reason of the avatar in the show. Its like ying with no yang. That is why Facepalm.

Admittedly, I was basing my evil comment on the fact that the guy's statue looked freaking evil to me what with those (spirit?) snakes all up behind him. He certainly didn't look wise and noble like Aang's statue did. Beyond that, what do we really know about the Avatar and the spirit world at this point? Not a whole lot. We only got a few glimpses of spirits in TLA and Korra didn't and still doesn't know anything about them as of Korra Book 2 Episode 2.

As for evil Avatars, Aang certainly struggled with what it meant to have ultimate power and eventually chose not to kill, but other Avatars had no problems using lethal force. None of them seemed to be 100% virtuous unfalable Boy Scouts. They were each their own person making their own decisions. Even Aang was ready to kill the sand benders out in the desert for instance, and there was that one Avatar who tried to kill Koh the Face Stealer out of a sense of revenge. Were those acts of good or evil? I don't think there's currently enough information out, again as of episode 2, there to justify the position that there are / were no evil Avatars.

All in all I don't think I deserved a facepalm and a "It is known."

Says who? Nobody outlined such behavior in the three seasons of TLA or the first season of Korra.

;)

I take it you know more than I do. Care to discuss it?

P.S. I get that I'm not all that up on all the info and interviews that have been going on off screen, but I'm sensing some undeserved "hostility" here. :(

No hostility was or is intended.

Unreasonably snippy and a bit rude then. Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling I'm being looked down upon because I don't know as much as you about events and characters that haven't even aired yet. :/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread