Legend of Korra Book 2 Episodes 1&2 *SPOILERS* (Off-Topic)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 15, 2013, 13:23 (3874 days ago) @ Ragashingo

My words in Blue.

Unbeknownst to me Book 2 premiered on Nickelodeon this Friday. Having just finished the first two episodes I'm fairly excited. Some observations:

• There are no other air benders in the entire world yet? Clearly bending doesn't go straight down genetic lines given that Aang has kids spread among the three elements.

Seeing as Aang was the Last Airbender (who hooked up with a water bender)is it really all that surprising that the result is one air bender, one water bender, and one non-bender?

[*] I don't trust the Northern Water Tribe chief's "spirit bending." It looks gentle enough on screen but I can't help think he's not so much releasing them from their anger as he is brainwashing them or something.

The idea you are attempting to get across I agree with.

[*] That statue of the "evil Avatar" looked ominous. At the end of Book 1 me and a friend were trying to think up things that could challenge Korra now that she was a fully powered Avatar. Upon seeing some of the early Book 2 concept art, specifically something glowing blue beneath a bubble of ice, I thought we might be dealing with a trapped avatar kinda like Aang was. The very familiar beam of light when Korra opened the spirit portal combined with the "evil Avatar" statue glowing leads me to think maybe I was right.

*Facepalm*

It is the first avatars statue. It is known.

[*] The northern water tribe invading the south seems very extreme. But more that that it seems overly convenient. Mr. Chief was planning this all along. What is his real game?
[*] Overall I liked the episodes, but they did seem a little rushed. I'd rather they start off a bit slower. But maybe they can slow down now that most everything is established.

I always am more forgiving of first episodes. As I recall the first episodes of the first show started off slow as well.

[/list]

Now the wait till next week begins. :(

Addendum: Broadly speaking - Spirits will giveback what they get. Give aggression and they will return it at least two fold.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread