I probably won't play it. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, April 15, 2018, 22:55 (2174 days ago) @ Kermit

And that's all on me. I have a thing about series. I feel like I must play the entire series to get the "full effect" of the latest entry. It's why I've never played an Assassin's Creed game or The Witcher. Am I weird?

I've dabbled in an early iteration of God of War. Didn't really like it. (Sorry Bigarm!) Maybe I'll become more flexible. Maybe.

Forget about the earlier two games and play The Witcher 3, damnit! That was my introduction to the series (which was good enough to convince me to go back to the previous two games). Trust me, The Witcher 3 stands on its own, and you're missing out on what I would consider an essential experience. I would put it up there with Knights of the Old Republic and the Mass Effect trilogy. The Witcher 3 is the new standard, the way KotoR or the Mass Effect games were in their time.

I understand not making time for it (a conservative estimate for a mainline playthrough is at least 40-50 hours, and that would be a dead sprint, I think). I'd definitely still argue it's worth the time, but it is a huge commitment. But if not playing The Witcher 1 and 2 is legitimately the thing holding you back, I'm begging you to not let it do so any longer. It really is not necessary.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread