God of War- 2018's Horizon Zero Dawn-tier game? (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 23, 2018, 06:38 (2193 days ago) @ Korny

I have borrowed a PS4, and I started playing through last night. I'm only an hour or two in but so far it seems quite good. The sort of over-the-shoulder view doesn't seem detrimental, and that was probably my biggest worry. It didn't take very much editing in the menus to good a button layout that feels familiar to me. If I'm going to have any trouble at all, I suspect it'll be from not identifying the buttons fast enough in QTEs. It's been a long time since I played anything on PlayStation.

The Leviathan axe feels good. God of War has done a lot of different weapon styles over the years, but this still feels fresh. Switching between it and hand-to-hand feels pretty natural to me. The old games always had different weapons/forms to switch between. This is just more fluid.

I'm really looking forward to listening to Christopher Judge for the next 25+ hours and am really happy that he got the part. I always thought he had more to offer than just being Teal'c (not that that role wasn't great).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread