Detroit - Do the Human Thing (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 08:54 (2163 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 08:58

Having been a fan of Quantic Dream for some time now, I was excited to get Detroit. One can talk about the poor writing all day long, but their games were fairly advanced in their interactive storytelling.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/14/16890536/quantic-dream-workplace-harassment-allegations

But that gives me pause. On one hand, most of the complaints have been dismissed by french courts, and Quantic Dream are themselves going to court with Le Monde who initially published the allegations.

But on the other hand, Harvey Weinstein was just rumor and speculation for many years. When you hear someone you know tell their story with regards to him, it's truly heartbreaking. Inaction is why the behavior persisted, and still persists elsewhere in the film industry.

De Fondaumière is accused of forcing himself upon employees at company social events.

So damn. Do I get this game or not? No. I have to sit this one out, and encourage others here to do the same. Money is the only thing that really seems to change people's minds here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread