Detroit - Do the Human Thing (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 24, 2018, 11:31 (2164 days ago) @ Harmanimus

The rates of false accusations of such conduct are such a small fraction of a percent that the public focus on false accusations is a silencing/gaslighting technique and it is important to acknowledge that and focus on not defending the accused. They have lawyers for that.

I'm not talking about silencing anyone or defending the accused. I'm talking only about assuming the innocence of the accused--that used to be a basic principle. I don't think I should do that only when I'm recruited into a jury. What concerns me is that the punishments meted out by the court of public opinion have always been more emotional, fickle, and definitely swifter, especially since the mob is so easily organized and responsive these days. I don't know as much about the French law as I do about American or British law, but most legal systems are designed to be a ballast against mob rule, and are supposed to be more meticulous, fair, and measured in their judgments. There's nothing wrong with anyone saying, let's see how this shakes out before we cause Quantic Dream to go belly up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread