State of Decay 2 (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, May 28, 2018, 10:23 (2132 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Haven't done any co-op yet, but I definitely want to check that out, as the lack of it is honestly the biggest complaint that I had about the first one.

Co-op is fun, but you sort of have to write off meaningful progress for your own game if you join someone else’s. You can bring some supplies back, but that’s really it I think.

I don’t mind that style of co-op (the fact that we can bring some supplies back with us is pretty neat. Like outfitting somebody before they head off into the wilds). I’m just happy to be able to do stuff like illuminating a house at night with the car’s headlights, or searching buildings twice as fast (and without having to manually switch to your follower to get them to carry anything).

Maybe it’s just way too big of a technical hurdle, but I’d love to see the Minecraft server equivalent for this game. I wish we could start a game together. If we’re both online, we can pick different survivors and work together. If we’re playing a different times, it’s just like the single player, only we share a community. So I could log in and see that you’ve built out the base, recruited two new survivors, and killed a plague heart, and then pick up from there. I think it’d be really neat.

That’s what State of Decay 3 is for! :v

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread