Tangent incoming (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, June 22, 2018, 11:51 (2127 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I think there is an interesting contrast in Fortnite: Battle Royale here. Fornite has a lore-only "story", but it actually impacts the game-world everyone plays in. Season 3 teased a meteor coming by it appearing in the sky, then having small meteors fall from the sky during games more often as the season progressed, then having all the tvs have an emergency on them warning of the imminent meteor impact. Then Season 4 started and part of the map is now a huge crater. Each week they seem to adjust the map slightly to progress the story for Season 4 along as well. I sort of wish that Bungie would just go all-in and do something similar where if you aren't playing the game during a certain period of time you just don't get to see certain content. That goes a long way to making a world feel more alive. I don't know how that could work with having a "campaign" though, but I think if Bungie wants to keep using a shared world, they should make that world change in a shared way that makes it feel like things are really changing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread