You guys are awesome! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 30, 2018, 11:03 (1974 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I was totally prepared to get zero response to this request. This approach--blasting through new content to jump straight into hardcore grinding--feels like the opposite of the way I thought most everyone preferred to play. If you signed up because this is totally what you're into, then I'm glad to have you on board. If this really isn't the way you like to do things but you signed up anyway, then I hope we can make it fun and it turns out to be worth the effort in the end!

Speaking of "not how we like to play," I've ALWAYS gone through new content solo, in Destiny and every other game I've ever played, but I guess it's time to make an exception. Leveling will be way faster and easier if we do things as a group, so I'm setting up FTB events for Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday so we can team up, knock stuff out and still get a reasonable amount of sleep. The start times are just going to be set for the earliest I'm available, but if you post your preferred start time, we can split teams based on that. We may just end up with an Eastern/Central team and a Mountain/Pacific team :p

Also, I know Cheapley mentioned needing a few more light levels before things kick off on Tuesday and there may be some others that haven't hit the current max yet, so if anyone's interested, we could try to plan a quick raid/nightfall night for Sunday and/or Monday.

-Disciple

I signed up. I'll post the times when I'm available to start closer to then. I might be able to play as early as 6 EST on some nights, but I should be able to be on by 7 most of the time. A few notes:

1) I, too, am accustomed to playing my first play-through solo, and you can count on me to be respectful of that, and try not to interfere with the experience of the content by talking over dialogue, skipping cutscenes (an obscenity!) or being unwilling to explore if we want. This won't be the time for me to ramble on about that jerk who cut me off in traffic on the way home. I'll be there to play Destiny and savor the new.

2) I will have only one character. I don't know how this will affect leveling but I thought I'd mention it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread