I’m trying to like it in Crucible (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, February 16, 2019, 13:04 (1867 days ago) @ Oholiab

I’m glad you’re enjoying it, but I’m struggling to get a feel for it. I took it into the Crucible for the first time last night, and I had a hard time with it.

I’m wondering if it’s my play style: I like to hang back, but I feel like TLW wants me to be more aggressive. Likewise, I always ADS - it’s a habit that I perpetuate with Knucklehead Radar - and TLW doesn’t seem geared for that...? I tried to shoot quickly from the hip, and I felt my accuracy was severely lacking.

I want to git gud with it, so I’ll keep trying. Any tips?

For better or worse, it is not an all around weapon. If anything, it is a sidearm in the truest sense. What you need is to equip something that lets you hang back in your secondary and use The Last Word on people who try to close the gap. Also, it helps to treat it as a one kill weapon. It has a fast kill time and enough bullets to kill two people with body shots but I prefer to use that damage reserve to guarantee the kill that's in front of me. Keep firing until one of you is dead and, as you get better with it, you'll often be the one who lives.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread