Upcoming Allegiance Quest Discussion (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Monday, March 11, 2019, 05:58 (1879 days ago)

I saw a video over the weekend talking about the quest that comes out this Tuesday(?) where we will have to choose allegiance to either Vanguard or The Drifter and that it's a permanent decision that will effect our gameplay going forward.

What is everyone's thought on this? How are you choosing?

From my interpretation of the game, when I consider choosing Vanguard, I'm essentially choosing Zavala. I see Zavala as a bit of a blind zealot who is passionate about doing the right thing but believes too strongly in The Traveler and it's perceived intentions. As for The Drifter, there is a lot of mystery there. Dark, unknown mystery. I have no idea what his intentions are or what his past is. He's just a flashy guy with slight of hand magic tricks that everyone seems to think is "cool". Common sense says "Don't trust this guy." but a lot of those judgements are based on societal norms, which, let's be honest, probably shouldn't be trusted either.

You could even go the simpler but more common and deep path of story telling, do you choose the long standing established religion, or the Antichrist.

I don't know which direction to go. What's everyone else thinking and why?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread