Introduction to Warframe (Gaming)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, July 09, 2019, 06:42 (1724 days ago) @ Korny

If you don't know the exact path to unlocking the story missions, it takes, on average, 40 hours to get to the structured story missions.
That is a problem for people who want to play for the story, and one that came about as a result of those story missions being added two years after the game came out. If you DO know the exact sequence of events that you have to do to get to those story missions, it takes about seven or eight hours to get into the meat of the game. I've seen MR5s that have completed all of the current story quests, but they followed a guide, and were carried through by a Clanmate.

I have to admit, I have a hard time reconciling the idea that it takes 30-40 hours to REACH the story missions (even if that is logical based on when they were created as part of the game's development cycle) and the idea that Warframe's lore is "integrated into the game" which I think is intended as a contrast to Destiny.

This sounds like Destiny inverted. When Destiny gets new content, there's story, then grind, then endgame.

This sounds like grind, story, endgame. Which sounds awful, at least to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread