Introduction to Warframe (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, July 09, 2019, 09:45 (1753 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Warframe isn’t for everyone, and it’s not even remotely good about explaining itself. I won’t tell anyone who played for 40 hours and didn’t like it that they’re wrong.

I’ve had Korny leading me through. Without him, I wouldn’t be playing, because who has the time to figure all that shit out alone?

For me though, the grind it Warframe feels worth it, like there’s some direction to it. The grind in Destiny feels like dull busywork that I have to do before I am allowed to do what I want. That’s partly the case in Warframe, too. Unlocking all these nodes is not the most captivating thing ever. But I still feel like I’m getting stuff along the way that will be useful. I’m getting cool mods, lots of materials for crafting later, the occasional rare item that I can sell for Platinum.

I’ll probably always wish that Warframe was a bit more player friendly and had a more straightforward way to get into the story. And I’ll probably always wish that Destiny felt like it respected my time better and gave me more options to play the way I want (both I terms of character builds and the leveling grind).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread