Introduction to Warframe (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, July 09, 2019, 08:02 (1746 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by Korny, Tuesday, July 09, 2019, 08:06

so once I did finish Forsaken, I shot up to 690, which temporarily opened up access to Menagerie, and I was able to have fun doing a run without the stupid level of Grind that Bungie has historically forced on you before you could have fun with the new content.

It's really hard for me to understand this statement from everything you have said about Warframe... You hate the grind that Bungie has forced upon you to play Menagerie yet you shrug off the fact that you have to play 30-40 hours of grind in Warframe just to get to endgame and story missions?

The difference is the stuff you’re grinding for, the quests along the way, and the feeling of progress. You will naturally get to the story missions, but you CAN rush there. You will naturally get resources just by playing, but you CAN farm for them. Any and every thing in the game has a direct path to it. In Destiny, you have historically been at the mercy of powerful drops, which you could only get from specific locations once a week. You wanted to do Leviathan when the game came out? God help you if you hadn’t done literal weeks of grind to get to a decent level. And nothing you did could make that grind go faster. Did you miss certain drops one week? You fell further behind. In Warframe, there is no “falling behind”. DE has openly encouraged players to take breaks from the game. Even the Battle Pass, which by design is supposed to encourage players to play often, has a catch-up mechanic that lets you put the game down for a month without falling behind on it.

Again, Bungie has gotten way better about the grind issues; it isn’t remotely as terrible as it was before, and come September, it’ll be even better, but it has always been more respectful of your time in Warframe, because even though you have to wait for things to build, there are dozens of other things to do in the meantime, and you’re always, always, always getting something out of it, and no punishment for stepping away.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread