Undocumented change in latest update is proving annoying (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, July 11, 2019, 13:32 (1722 days ago) @ Claude Errera

So there's at least one undocumented update in the patch that went live earlier this week, and I'm finding that I don't like it at all.

Previously, if you had a bounty that you finished in Crucible, it showed as complete onscreen at the time you finished it; Kill the last guy who killed you, the Payback bounty completes, and a small notification appears in the mid-right of your screen.

Post-patch, that notification does not appear until the game's over.

Now I have no confirmation that those 5 solar final blows are finished until the game is over; should I have been more aggressive trying to grab heavy ammo so that I could get more rocket kills, or did I finish the bounty and can therefore leave the heavy for someone else? I have no idea. :(

The ONLY reason I can think of that they might have made this change is to keep distractions off the screen while you're playing... but it's a pretty minor notification, if I'm not specifically looking for it, I usually don't even notice it.

Is there something else I might be leaving out? Or is this just like a mosquito - something that's net negative, overall?

Are you sure it's a feature and not a glitch?
Did you try unplugging and plugging back in?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread