Undocumented change in latest update is proving annoying (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 12, 2019, 11:46 (1749 days ago) @ narcogen

So there's at least one undocumented update in the patch that went live earlier this week, and I'm finding that I don't like it at all.

Previously, if you had a bounty that you finished in Crucible, it showed as complete onscreen at the time you finished it; Kill the last guy who killed you, the Payback bounty completes, and a small notification appears in the mid-right of your screen.

Post-patch, that notification does not appear until the game's over.

Now I have no confirmation that those 5 solar final blows are finished until the game is over; should I have been more aggressive trying to grab heavy ammo so that I could get more rocket kills, or did I finish the bounty and can therefore leave the heavy for someone else? I have no idea. :(

The ONLY reason I can think of that they might have made this change is to keep distractions off the screen while you're playing... but it's a pretty minor notification, if I'm not specifically looking for it, I usually don't even notice it.

Is there something else I might be leaving out? Or is this just like a mosquito - something that's net negative, overall?

Maybe they don't want people dropping out of multiplayer matches when their bounties are done?

So instead they want people to play like idiots the ENTIRE match?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread