Really Bungie!? (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 12:23 (1724 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

It's the same thing for me with DOTA and Apex, the games are free, the developers did a good job, I honestly wanted to show my support by giving them money, if I get something in return, cool. But if it was basically a paywall, I would take what I could get and say screw them.

This is why the Fortnite/Apex model is working so well. When I pay nothing, or next to nothing, it's a lot easier to justify a 2-10$ purchase.

I agree with you here, completely.

When I paid $60 + DLC, it's a smack in the face to be pay blocked to the best content.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I've gotten way more out of Destiny than what I've paid for. Almost so much more that I honestly forget that I even paid money for it.

As for being pay blocked to the best content. I don't know where that came from. I understand the idea of being pay blocked, but what "best content" are you getting pay blocked out of that isn't part of what you already paid for? Cosmetics? Sparrows? Ghosts?

If you are saying you shouldn't have to pay for DLC's, or even that you feel like you should be able to immediately play all the content, that makes sense. But you're gonna have to explain this too me :)

I get it, companies need money, I like money too. But Bungie has been making good money for years now, so it just feels forced when it shouldn't.

I'm not going to assume I know Bungie's financial situation. Even on broad terms. There are so many factors we don't know. I mean, I guess you can say they should be making good money for years now, but honestly I don't know about that based on recent history.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread