Really Bungie!? (Destiny)

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, July 31, 2019, 13:09 (1702 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

When I paid $60 + DLC, it's a smack in the face to be pay blocked to the best content.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I've gotten way more out of Destiny than what I've paid for. Almost so much more that I honestly forget that I even paid money for it.

As for being pay blocked to the best content. I don't know where that came from. I understand the idea of being pay blocked, but what "best content" are you getting pay blocked out of that isn't part of what you already paid for? Cosmetics? Sparrows? Ghosts?

If you are saying you shouldn't have to pay for DLC's, or even that you feel like you should be able to immediately play all the content, that makes sense. But you're gonna have to explain this too me :)

I agree it's a good deal overall. but when others have a better paradigm it's hard to appreciate it as much.

So content is the wrong word here, the prettiest stuff, cosmetics. As a consumer, saying "hey, buy this DLC and you get this exotic gun" means I buy if I want that. but to not say, "and get more money out for this better looking skin", is annoying at minimum to me. Feels sketchy and downright BS at worst. I am sure in reality it's in the middle of course. It's not exactly Nickel and Diming, but it's close. Like a car salesman selling me on the Turbo for a car. Then AFTER i buy it, saying oh, but it's more effective if you buy this as well.

I am fine with paying for DLC's, although I think not doing it is better for the game health overall. It was work they did and they should get paid for it.

I get it, companies need money, I like money too. But Bungie has been making good money for years now, so it just feels forced when it shouldn't.

I'm not going to assume I know Bungie's financial situation. Even on broad terms. There are so many factors we don't know. I mean, I guess you can say they should be making good money for years now, but honestly I don't know about that based on recent history.

We can make pretty good guesses, their games AND dlc have sold well for 15+ years. They had a bidding war to publish their new game. Also part of Activisions earning, a public company, they state how much they give companies, etc. They are a top tier developer and top tier developers as a company are making real good money at the moment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread