notlikethis_switch.gif (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, August 06, 2019, 11:15 (1718 days ago) @ narcogen

Dammit, I wanted an episodic story-driven scifi shooter built around coop. Not an MMO. I realize a sizable portion of Bungie's employees either are, or have been, overly enamored of WoW over the years... but...

Not like this. Not. Like. This.

I think it happened because they were playing WoW as they developed Halo games, and then because of the enjoyment of that social experience, they baked as much of it as they could into Destiny. I, too, would like the end result to come off much more like Borderlands than what we currently have. And with the "more RPG-like" elements coming, I'll say on one hand I'm eager to see what kind of builds I can tune and play with; whereas on the other hand, I'm actually dreading the work that seems like it will take. I get that the end product of this hobby is an arsenal of personally curated guns and gear; and while that qualifies as extremely my shit, I can't say I'm excited about having to keep up with the joneses at the new level of granularity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread