Remember Spartan Ops in Halo 4? (Destiny)

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, August 07, 2019, 03:55 (1725 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Dammit, I wanted an episodic story-driven scifi shooter built around coop. Not an MMO. I realize a sizable portion of Bungie's employees either are, or have been, overly enamored of WoW over the years... but...

Do you mean something like that? (if you played it that is)

On paper, I remember the *concept* of Spartan Ops being really appealing- time released, episodic, cooperative story driven missions.

I remember it being "OK" at best story wise (Palmer, bro-tastic spartans, dino-elites and other things I didn't care about) but the delivery and structure I thought were solid. It was fun having an evening organized around that, playing the episode and then after, MP.

The problem with Spartan Ops, though, is it seemingly came at the loss of Firefight, and then 343 seemed to brag that we wouldn't miss Firefight with Spartan Ops around, which in hindsight was both a good way to start people off with a salty view of the mode, and then issuing one entire season of content and abandoning it didn't convince anyone after the fact.

It did have really fun missions though, like the one on Ragnarok where you shot down the ship.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread