A few more thoughts on cosmetics. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 13, 2019, 17:37 (1679 days ago) @ cheapLEY

First of all, this:

Whisper of the Worm's ornaments were successful enough that it paid [dev cost-wise] for the Zero Hour mission/rewards to be constructed (this shit matters!).

I bought a Whisper ornament for exactly that reason (and a Bad Juju ornament--I'd buy an Outbreak Prime one too, if I didn't think they were both ugly).

In regards to earning gear through gameplay versus buying cosmetics, I've been thinking about this a bit more today.

I think most would agree that the Age of Triumph ornaments for raid gear is the pinnacle of Destiny fashion. I want to see more of that sort of stuff. I think ornaments are a good compromise for what Bungie is shooting for here. You earn the gear from playing the game, and you can purchase ornaments from Eververse to change how it looks. I think I can get behind that.

We've seen that for the past two seasons, with ornaments available for the new Legendary weapons. That's cool.

I just think we need more ornaments for armor, and especially more glows. You play the raid and get the gear, then you can get the cool glows from Eververse.

It's not as cool as getting the glows from doing challenge modes, which would be ideal for me, but it's a compromise I can live with. I don't have a huge problem spending money (or bright dust), so long as it's reasonably priced, and so long as it looks great, which I wouldn't really say about much of the stuff available through Eververse so far in Destiny 2. If they want us to pay for that stuff, they're going to have to put in the effort.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread