When it's expected, it doesn't happen (Gaming)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, October 14, 2013, 11:05 (3858 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Well Christian Contemporary definitely hits a point, it describes content, branding, and mannerisms of the music, but it doesn't describe the music itself. Much of Christian contemporary follows modern country in terms of genre, but that not all ccm. I have heard some christian metal that was good metal, as well as having the branding, message, etc. (reliant k, family force 5... I think)

So to back to indie, it's not quite a full translation (it never really is). There definitely the branding, content, mannerisms, etc. that someone would describe as indie, but there is also actual aspects of gameplay that some would associate with the indie brand as well. Off the top of my head, something like story details revealed by gameplay interaction or game objective, but that's not exclusive to indie. So I think it goes a bit deeper than CCM is to music, but at the end of the day it has an intrinsic value that is considered by the buyer. I definitely think the indie brand sells games that would normally be passed over.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread