Indie Game Exam Question 3 (FINAL) (Gaming)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, October 14, 2013, 13:16 (3858 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well, that's where the subconscious part comes in. Developers looking for funding are trying to 'go with the flow' that will give them enough resources. As such, even though they're on paper completely independent, they're still following some sort of trend (in my opinion, initiated by games like Castle Crashers, a very successful retro-style game, and Minecraft, the most successful truly-indie title I know of). They're pretty much still people trying to accepted in the society.

Now, truly innovating games are still being independently developed as 'indies' all over the place, they just don't get the marketing pseudo-indies or going-with-the-flow-indies do.

For instance, I've recently heard of a game which has just been Greenlit on Steam in that you must actively operate every element of the gun to be able to shoot and reload it. As in, release the cylinder, prop it open, empty it, refill it bullet by bullet, replace the cylinder and cock the revolver, using the revolver as example. They're currently studying how to make it work with LeapMotion right now, if I'm not mistaken.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread