Remedy's new game, Control (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, September 08, 2019, 11:08 (1685 days ago) @ cheapLEY

First - I've not read ANY of this thread.

Second - I've got this itch...

:P shut up

... from long ago in the distant land of only ONE Xbox.

There was a game that, like a few of that era, ended on a cliffhanger never to be seen again. This game was "Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy". It was a "psychic" game, where you could do Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Astral Project, all that jazz. I really enjoyed that game, and nothing else I've played has really pulled off the whole "psychic" thing as well as this game had.

For context, here are some decade old Spoilers. Psi-Ops ends with a big psychic battle between my player, and a master at Telekinesis. He threw the senate at me, if you will, but I recall it was at a truck stop? Gas Station? Train Hub? ... whatever. Point is, big psychic battle, the likes of which I've never played again.

Well... I don't quite recall where I saw it, probably in E3, where I saw (I think) this...

[image]

SOLD!

I'm getting the game this week. I want to temper my expectation. Will this game scratch that long festering "psychic" video game itch, through both mechanics and gameplay, or should I temper my expectations?

A Yes or No will suffice at minimum. Thank you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread