Remedy's new game, Control (Gaming)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 19, 2019, 11:23 (1681 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Any one here ever wonder... "Ya know... if I made a game, it would have..." and then you make a checkbox list?

This game, "Control" is the 2nd time (the first one was the ORIGINAL Mirrors Edge) that I've had an experience where I've witnessed ideas checked off in so thoroughly a fashion. So if that doesn't make it any more clear, yes. Fun was had.

Yet here is where it gets interesting, and unless you play this game in its "inhale to exhale", you will not understand what I say. This game has NO story. It has no beginning and no end. The weave from point to point, its "time" if you will, is atmosphere. A Being? A Somewhere? The Oldest House would have it no other way.

It's The Addams Family Manson and Hogwarts Castle. The Twilight Door mocking any assumption. The Mulder to any Scully. Yet you still might not understand.

Let me clear my throat. *̴C̴o̸u̵g̶h̴*̵ *̸̘̓̌͒C̸̦͗͝o̶̬̬͎̚u̵̹̬̺͂̊̋g̷̢̠̚h̶̹̅͠*̵̢͗̑̋̅̕

Ah. That's B̷̯̪͔̲́̀̈̒̇̈́͝È̸̮̖̣̾͝T̷̢͔̼͇̺̰̯̙͆͂̏̏̉̍̒̎͐̏ͅȚ̴̻͖̫͇͉̣̥̻͉̳͊́̃Ḙ̶͚̦̱͒͑͂̀͑̅̚͠͝R̷̰̘̘̦͍̲̥̽̊. Story is about change in someway (even fighting it), and for this... despite apprentices, there was no change. In The Oldest House, there are no paradoxes, only possibilities. Or would that be the lodge? I say without typo; Why would you want to leave? You have always were here, and there is no where else. There is no place like home. The story is about keeping it that way. There is no story. Like a chain on a bike, there is no story.

Keep it to togetḩ̵̝̣̏́̇͝ḛ̴̢̆̑r̴̞̿̎͠ ̸̣̎̇ ̸̬̞͌k̶͙̤͖̉͒̎̋é̶̮͈͌e̸̮͗͒͝p̴̡͕̬̓̉ ̸̪́i̸̩̍̽̾̌t̸͎̥̉̎̌ͅ ̶̹̗̥̃͋͜ ̴̼͗̌̾̚t̸̩̏͋̋ó̷̥̫͙̠̓͘ğ̵̛̱̬̌̆é̶̮̗̩͚̉t̷̟̟͉̅̀̈́̾́̐̕h̵͍͉̀̑e̶̞̱̙͎̭̝͛̒̈̔̏r̷̪̺̖̉ͅ ̵̢̼̼͉͖̿͋̄̈́̏̏k̶̤͆̿e̷͕̗͉̪͉̠̥̔̍̽̓ę̴͉̹̜̤́̈́́̈́̅͜p̵̯̩͙͌̈́́̐̑͜͝ ̷͉̩̝̈ĭ̷͉͖̟̈́̄͂̕͠t̵̨̩̥̘̱͚̍ ̴̨̰͇̟̥̦̲̊͋͌̾͊̏̅t̵͖͓͋ͅò̸̘ ̶̞͖͉̏̅̅̓̂͠P̷̘̜̈́̀̀̐h̴̨̜͉̜̱͕̣́͐̈́'̵͓̱̒͛̓̿̋̕͠ḡ̷̗̰l̷̪͊ŭ̶͇̲i̶̜̦̤̋ ̴̢͈͖̾m̶̢͕̺͈̓͠g̵̖͇̠̣̿l̷͓͈̟̋͋͜w̴̜̄̊̈́'̷̈́̋̈́̈́͜n̴̢̢͌̂ǎ̷̮͚͔̲̍͠f̶̙͔̂͆h̴̘̪͂ ĝ̶̞̣ḷ̶̈́ú̶̠̯͋ì̵̥̑ ̵͕̽m̸̠̑g̵̗̏͗l̶̪͕̒͠w̶̞̋'̴͚͕̎n̷̦͍̿̚a̴̪̎̕f̶̞̏ȟ̸̡͍ ̵̱̟̋̽[̵̃͜s̴̜̻͒i̶͕͍̋̃z̸̡̟͒͆ė̴͈̰̅=̴̣̺̓̑l̴̤͗͝a̷̭̝̐r̵̘̆g̶̗͇̈́ẹ̵̈́]̷͉̟̅̋.̵̙̠͝.̸̦͛.̷̬̳̃ ̷̤̼͌̾-̵͖͛-̸̦̌́-̵̩͆̓ ̶̹͇͗͘.̴̼̪̈́͊.̵̩̿.̸̪̎[̵͍͋/̶̢͆͐s̴̞̋i̵̬̜͊̈z̵͈͘ê̶͖̼͗]̸̣̓
̷͓͆͜

You have always been the Director, just like those before you.

Director.

“Children will always be afraid of the dark, and men with minds sensitive to hereditary impulse will always tremble at the thought of the hidden and fathomless worlds of strange life which may pulsate in the gulfs beyond the stars, or press hideously upon our own globe in unholy dimensions which only the dead and the moonstruck can glimpse.”
“Supernatural Horror in Literature”
Lovecraft H P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread