Of course you're weird... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 30, 2019, 09:45 (1642 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Blind raiding is the most fun this game has to offer.

I was going to say it’s become a case of diminishing returns every time now, but I don’t think that’s the way to put it.

It’s becoming increasingly more difficult to organize and commit to running a blind raid. I no longer truly want to dedicate every evening for a week to raiding. That would probably be different the raid didn’t drop at the same time as other content. I often find myself wishing the raid would drop like six weeks after the expansion, so I can take my time and play everything on offer before I decide to essentially shut myself off from the rest of the game for a week or two.

I've always found it difficult. The only one that maybe wasn't was the first one where Beorn assigned teams and he put a lot of work into it. At that time no one knew what we were in for. We didn't play until three weeks after VoG dropped! I know my team was blind, but I'm not sure how. Maybe clickbait wasn't such a thing.

Aside from chasing down commitments from everyone (using the method of communication they prefer), part of that difficulty is how hard it seems to be for people to stay blind after the raid drops combined with people wanting to do it as soon as they can. So it has to be an intense grind.

I'll say now in advance of the next raid: if the schedule is similar and five people can live with the raid being out there a week without playing it, I'll organize that. At least we can spread the grind out over a reset.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread