Thoughts on Shadowkeep so far. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 03, 2019, 16:02 (1661 days ago)

How is everyone liking it?

I think it's really neat so far.

Returning to the moon is definitely cool. As I said before, I think they've done a great job there. It's obviously familiar and feels like returning home in some odd way, but there's enough added spaces and gameplay elements that it feels fresh.

I really enjoyed the campaign. It was good blend of story missions and quests that took me out into the patrol zone to do activities and see what was going on. I find myself wishing there was a little more to the altar to make gear, although I like how streamlined it is compared to Forges.

I have a hard time parsing how Nightmare Hunts figure into the loop. As far as I can tell, you don't really get anything from them. Just some of those Essence things? They're neat activities, I just can't see why I'm supposed to be doing them.

It looks like Daily Powerful Rewards are gone. I think maybe it evens out now that you can get an extra by doing 8 bounties each from Zavala, Shaxx, and Drifter. I haven't even looked at the Dreaming City, but I suppose those are just Legendary rewards now, instead of Powerful.

I'm eager to see what the Vex Offensive stuff is. And I'm really eager to dive into the raid this weekend!

Armor 2.0 seems really cool. My only real gripe is that there is no way to see all your mods at once. If you have a mod that doesn't match the affinity of your armor, it just doesn't show up. So it's hard to plan out builds without even knowing what the hell mods I have access to. Seems like a massive oversight.

Finishers are cool. I love the fact the finisher mods cost super energy. It's a neat wrinkle in the combat loop that I hope they play with some more.

I love the hand cannon changes. Those animations are so much better!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread