Nobody mentioned lost sectors - thought I'd throw in 2c (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 04, 2019, 10:09 (1664 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The new moon lost sectors are great. They seem bigger and more complicated than most lost sectors to date, and (at least the first run through, when I was seriously underleveled) quite challenging. (I guess that's no longer true; my first run through Logistics took quite a while, because I was 30 or 40 levels below enemies, and playing cat-and-mouse was FUN. I ran through it last night so I could pick up the NASA emblem, and I was mostly annoyed that I had to hunt down every enemy to get doors to open. Still... the original sentiment - that they're bigger and more complicated, and that's good - still stands.)

Just before signing off last night, I decided to try and complete the Deathbringer quest (I wasn't sure if it was solo-able, but I figured I'd give it a shot, at least I'd have an idea of what needed doing if I needed to go back in with a fireteam). It was SUPER-satisfying to nail that one; it's almost the perfect combination of "damn, this is too hard" and "wait, lemme give that one more try, I think if I did X I might be able to get past Y". (Also, the gun is... crazy.)

Overall - I'm loving the nostalgia, especially since there are just enough changes that the memories are actually triggered more strongly. (Temple of Crota used to require a little bit of fancy flying to take a sparrow in; there was a rock ledge you had to fly up. At the start, we all walked. By the time we were done with D1, everyone was just hitting the edge perfectly and flying over. I come back... and someone has taken a bulldozer to the ledge. The LACK of a ledge actually brings back stronger memories than if it had still been there.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread