Crucible Thoughts (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Friday, October 04, 2019, 02:51 (1665 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Biggest thing that I've noticed with Crucible is that some of the general issues of solo queue are more severe with the new playlist structure. I'm sure that some of it will smooth out over time. Haven't taken the time to see if Classic Mix and the connection-focused matchmaking improves that, though.

Following that the changes to stats mean that, as it currently stands, I have much lower Resiliency and Recovery than I used to if I'm running 2.0. I haven't tried to find what the highest potential stat total is on a piece of gear, and I know the +2 with Masterworking will become a more major thing. But I feel squishier outside of my super, too.

I haven't run into too much that is out of the ordinary otherwise. I haven't popped Widow's Court yet. And I haven't gotten a legitimate game on Twilight Gap (join-in-progress and unbalanced teams only so far) so I can't really judge how it plays with the different sandbox. Fragment is very interesting. I think the layout is pretty aggressive, reminds me of Cauldron in that way. But it suffers the way many Vex-themed maps do by being visually kinda flat. I'm sure that will get better with time.

Only semi-related to Crucible, I'm really, really enjoying Arc Logic. I still feel very strongly that Auto Rifles deserve some love for PvP, but so long as I'm not matching sweats it does a fair amount of work. And with the War Rig buff and mine rolling with Moving Target/Triple Tap means that it fires a really, really long time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread