The point I was making.... (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 10:04 (3839 days ago) @ bryan newman

Is that this is a situation of how the mighty have fallen.

Could you imagine a situation where Cliffy B's next game is mobile? Or Jason Jones'? or Jade Raymond?

IMO iPad/Mobile games are a waste of time. They are games that offer little to no immersion, they are the equivalent to DS shovelware. They are done purely as a way of making a quick buck. I have yet to see a mobile game break this mold.

I very much doubt they will. There will soon come a time when iPads/Surface's are able to play fully functional AAA releases (Or indies titles) with a controller. Essentially just turning your iPad into a very small tv. Only then will gaming on a mobile device be a device capable of delivering anything close to what we get at home.

Seropian has proven he can create good games, good studios, run them effectively and with integrity (The recall fiasco) why waste such talents on mobile?

And yet I love iOS games like Battleheart, Sword & Sworcery, Aquaria (a PC first title that is very playable on the iPad), Waking Mars, and most recently Device 6 which was a pretty darn immersive, very cleverly written interactive story. I'll agree that your average $2.99 iOS game won't equal a AAA console or PC game, but as with everything you can't write off the entire mobile gaming/ touch screen platform and retain a serious / informed argument.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread