Alex Seropian news... (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 16:05 (3839 days ago) @ kapowaz

"Each weapon can only be taken into battle a set number of times before it needs to recharge in real time. At that point you can either take a break, spend some dough, or take a different loadout into battle."

That doesn't sound very cool, but it's rare that I like every fraction of a game.

It's not just a small part of the game though; shooting in a shooting game is the most fundamental mechanic. If I were to speculate, this sounds like a transparent attempt at creating artificial scarcity in a game as a means to leeching IAP credit out of the player.

Exactly. The game is free to play.

This isn't some interesting mechanic that adds strategy or complexity to the game; this is something designed to suck so people will pay to skirt around it.

I do not understand this. If your game is only not annoying when paid for, why not just have everybody pay for it up front? That way everybody gets the best version of your game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread