Some thoughts: (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 08:26 (1506 days ago) @ cheapLEY

A bunch of people on reddit have started referring to Bungie as the “Monkey’s Paw” of game developers, and I found that so hilariously spot-on that it had me chuckling for a solid 5 minutes :)

Players: “Hey Bungie, is there any chance we could get the option to turn off the stat tracking on our emblems?”

Bungie: - Wipes out stat data that a bunch of players really cared about, all so that they could add emblem features that, while cool, nobody had asked for -

Players: “Hey Bungie, Ritual Weapons just aren’t as exciting as Pinnacle weapons.”

Bungie: - Removes Ritual Weapons -

Players: “This ‘new 6-man matchmade activity’ thing that you do every season is getting kinda stale...”

Bungie: - Creates a non-matchmade activity that only supports fireteams of 3 -

Players: “WE WANT TRIALS BACK!!!”

Bungie: - Brings Back Trials as a power-enabled activity in a game with an XP-based power level booster that rewards players who spend hours each day grinding bounties in lost sectors over actual PvP skill - (<thank god the community outcry around that got their attention and encouraged a change... Trials would have been DOA).

Players: “Remember those IKELOS weapons from Warmind? We’d love to see some more gear with that aesthetic!”

Bungie: - Dedicates an entire new season to Rasputin, no new IKELOS weapons -

Players: “Any chance we console players could get access to some of the customization options that PC players have? Like FoV, or ADS vs Hipfire stick sensitivity?”

Bungie: - Changes console settings menu to look like the PC menu, making it slower to navigate, without adding any of the customization that players wanted -

The list really goes on and on :)

I say all this with a smile on my face. But I really don’t know what Bungie is thinking anymore. I jumped in to check out the new season yesterday... well I’ll put it this way: I ended up spending 3 hours in the crucible yesterday, because there’s so little to the new PvE content that I figured I’d just work on my comp ranking. We’ll see how the season plays out, but I think at this point I’d have to say that my days of purchasing Seasons Passes from Bungie are done. Their priorities just aren’t in line with what I look for anymore.

That said, I here now is a really good time to try to speed run Zero Hour and the Whisper mission... they’re apparently quasi-power enabled, meaning we can now smash a lot of the enemies real quick. Anyone interested in going for the Zero Hour Time Trial triumph for the emblem?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread