Some thoughts: (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 10:49 (1505 days ago) @ ManKitten

I still think Destiny is fun as hell. I love just jumping in and doing whatever. That’s hard for me to do, personally. It’s really hard for me to turn off the part of my brain that sees 100 season pass levels to grind out and and just goes full steam ahead on doing so.

It’s also a bummer to pay ten dollars for what feels like a bunch of bounties. I know that’s extremely reductive. Designing the Bunker area and the new Public Event was probably not some minor undertaking.

It’s a difficult thing to balance, even in my thoughts. It’s a bummer to sign in a play for two hours and feel like I’ve already seen everything. There was literally no more “new” content for me to do. But on the other hand, I’d all the Lost Sectors were just open from the start, I’d have done those too, and still be bummed that I blew through all the new stuff in an evening.

I just personally find it very difficult to keep my expectations in check. I keep expecting more. I don’t want to be hard on Bungie unnecessarily—I don’t think you can realistically expect all that much for $10. But, at the same time, I still feel like they keep managing to under deliver.

I had enough fun last night to keep playing, but it sure seems like Trials is going to be the thing that keeps me around.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread