Some thoughts: (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 09:20 (1506 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

A bunch of people on reddit have started referring to Bungie as the “Monkey’s Paw” of game developers, and I found that so hilariously spot-on that it had me chuckling for a solid 5 minutes :)

Players: “Hey Bungie, is there any chance we could get the option to turn off the stat tracking on our emblems?”

Bungie: - Wipes out stat data that a bunch of players really cared about, all so that they could add emblem features that, while cool, nobody had asked for -

Players: “Hey Bungie, Ritual Weapons just aren’t as exciting as Pinnacle weapons.”

Bungie: - Removes Ritual Weapons -

Players: “This ‘new 6-man matchmade activity’ thing that you do every season is getting kinda stale...”

Bungie: - Creates a non-matchmade activity that only supports fireteams of 3 -

Players: “WE WANT TRIALS BACK!!!”

Bungie: - Brings Back Trials as a power-enabled activity in a game with an XP-based power level booster that rewards players who spend hours each day grinding bounties in lost sectors over actual PvP skill - (<thank god the community outcry around that got their attention and encouraged a change... Trials would have been DOA).

Players: “Remember those IKELOS weapons from Warmind? We’d love to see some more gear with that aesthetic!”

Bungie: - Dedicates an entire new season to Rasputin, no new IKELOS weapons -

Players: “Any chance we console players could get access to some of the customization options that PC players have? Like FoV, or ADS vs Hipfire stick sensitivity?”

Bungie: - Changes console settings menu to look like the PC menu, making it slower to navigate, without adding any of the customization that players wanted -

The list really goes on and on :)

I say all this with a smile on my face. But I really don’t know what Bungie is thinking anymore. I jumped in to check out the new season yesterday... well I’ll put it this way: I ended up spending 3 hours in the crucible yesterday, because there’s so little to the new PvE content that I figured I’d just work on my comp ranking. We’ll see how the season plays out, but I think at this point I’d have to say that my days of purchasing Seasons Passes from Bungie are done. Their priorities just aren’t in line with what I look for anymore.

That said, I here now is a really good time to try to speed run Zero Hour and the Whisper mission... they’re apparently quasi-power enabled, meaning we can now smash a lot of the enemies real quick. Anyone interested in going for the Zero Hour Time Trial triumph for the emblem?

I'd be interested. It also would be nice to finally get my whisper catalyst.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread