Well said (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 09:09 (1436 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

You laid out the right arguments in the correct manner. It sucks that I won't see you in comp, IB, or trials now, but I get it.

One thing that has added to the spare/mindbenders meta is all of the SBMM. I literally walk into a sweat-fest whenever I play crucible now. If I don't run the best of the best weapons then I am putting myself at a disadvantage for something that should be relaxing part of the time. About the only time I can relax in crucible is when I team up with friends that have a "lower" skill level. If I'm playing at my level or with someone better than it's time to sweat. I basically never use "fun" loadouts anymore and that makes me pretty sad at times.

Looking at my weapon kills over the last 3 seasons on my way to Unbroken breaks down like this:
Shotgun: 4,059 (Dust Rock, Parcel, Mindbenders)
Handcannon: 2,555 (Not Forgotten, Lunas, Spare)
Sniper: 1,658 (Revoker, Beloved)

It's not like I only used those weapons for fun, I used them because they worked best for high-end play. Now that Autos are top tier those numbers will shift around. My current go-to loadout is Summoner + Parcel.

Anyway, SBMM forces the Meta loadouts which in turn skews the numbers that Bungie sees which now forces them to change the meta and sunset weapons. It's just a dumb cycle.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread