The latest Star Wars rumours are WILD (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 03, 2020, 11:40 (1385 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, July 03, 2020, 12:01

I completely agree. That’s what I really want from Star Wars. Embrace the comic book model and just let people play in that universe and tell interesting stories.

I’d be cool with that if everyone just steered clear of the original characters... at least the main ones. For every SW novel that told a great story using Luke Skywalker, there were at least 10 awful ones that fucked up the trajectory of the character and his whole contemporary part of the story.

Absolutely this. The Expanded Universe basically turned Luke into Yoda 2.0, which hey - was cool, but the last thing we need is ANOTHER Super Hero using some sort of "Magic" on screen. Plus... folks grew up with that trio. So many toys and moments of imagination and inspiration... it's probably better not to touch that.

But hey! It's BIG Universe, and EVERYONE has a name. EVERYONE has a story.

Short short version: Give me more of this (if you know, you know), with some original characters and I'm so there.

P.S.: Rumor Mill also saying that Jon Favreau & George Lucas are not fans of the "sequels" either. If that's true, I'd expect these rumors to have more weight, as... I mean... it's Jon "MCU" Favreau. Plus one large reason Kennedy is in the position she has is because it was requested by George Lucas during the 4 Billion Sign off.

---
Edit: (Not Mine, but something I kept from a post I found. In the event someone here hasn't watched the last four episodes of Clone Wars, this Description of Vader ("Anakin Skywalker") is pretty on point of what I mean when I say, in purposeful few words, "THIS".)

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever: The first dawn of light in your universe brings pain. The light burns you. It will always burn you. Part of you will always lie upon black glass sand beside a lake of fire while flames chew upon your flesh. You can hear yourself breathing. It comes hard, and harsh, and it scrapes nerves already raw, but you cannot stop it. You can never stop it. You cannot even slow it down. You don’t even have lungs anymore. Mechanisms hardwired into your chest breathe for you. They will pump oxygen into your bloodstream forever. Lord Vader? Lord Vader, can you hear me?

And you can’t, not in the way you once did. Sensors in the shell that prisons your head trickle meaning directly into your brain.

You open your scorched-pale eyes; optical sensors integrate light and shadow into a hideous simulacrum of the world around you.

Or perhaps the simulacrum is perfect, and it is the world that is hideous.

Padme? Are you here? Are you all right? you try to say, but another voice speaks for you, out from the vocabulator that serves you for burned-away lips and tongue and throat.

“Padme? Are you here? Are you all right?”

I’m very sorry, Lord Vader. I’m afraid she died. It seems in your anger, you killed her.

This burns hotter than the lava had.

“No…no, it is not possible!”

You love her. You have always loved her. You could never will her death.

Never.

But you remember…

You remember all of it.

You remember the dragon that you brought Vader forth from your heart to slay. You remember the cold venom in Vader’s blood. You remember the furnace of Vader’s fury, and the black hatred of seizing her throat to silence her lying mouth…

And there is one blazing moment in which you finally understand that there was no dragon. That there was no Vader. That there was only you. Only Anakin Skywalker.

That it was all you. Is you.

Only you.

You did it.

You killed her.

You killed her because, finally, when you could have saved her, when you could have gone away with her, when you could have been thinking about her, you were thinking about yourself…

It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the dark side, the final cruelty of the Sith-

Because now your self is all you will ever have.

And you rage and scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory, and so with all your world-destroying fury it is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end, you cannot touch the shadow.

In the end, you do not even want to.

In the end, the shadow is all you have left.

Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto itself-

And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame.

This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Forever.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread