The latest Star Wars rumours are WILD (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, July 05, 2020, 17:17 (1387 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I’m fairly certain that’s from the novelization of Revenge of the Sith. It’s actually a really good read and does a really great job at depicting Anakin’s turn to the dark side, which is something I think those movies failed spectacularly at, despite ostensibly being the entire point of their existence.

Is it?! I never bothered to read the novelization of the movies, but hmm, maybe I should. Thank you.

The RotS novelization is by Mathew Stover. ALL of his SW novels are top notch. I’d consider them “must reads” for any fans. Most of the other movie novelizations are merely ok, but his RotS novel is spectacular. In addition to that, there are a pair of books that sandwich RotS that are very good. They tell the story of what happens immediately before and after RotS. So all together, they form a great trilogy. Check out:

Labyrinth of Evil
Revenge of the Sith
Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Yeah, I was like oh a Star Wars book. So I picked up The Truce at Bakura, started reading it and was like… this is shit. So I never read a Star Wars book ever again. The end.

A lot of them are quite bad. But the very best of them are actually quite good. Mathew Stover’s “Traitor” is one of my favourite books, period... it just so happens to be a Star Wars novel, which is icing on the cake for me :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread