The latest Star Wars rumours are WILD (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, July 03, 2020, 12:17 (1386 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

P.S.: Rumor Mill also saying that Jon Favreau & George Lucas are not fans of the "sequels" either. If that's true, I'd expect these rumors to have more weight, as... I mean... it's Jon "MCU" Favreau. Plus one large reason Kennedy is in the position she has is because it was requested by George Lucas during the 4 Billion Sign off.[/size]

Yes, supposedly KK is all but out of the picture now (her contract officially ends next year, but she’s already breaking off contact with her day-to-day associates at the office, according to sources. Also, the big “future of Star Wars” meeting that took place at Disney a couple weeks ago was held without her). But word is that she’s fighting tooth and nail to prevent this retcon plan from going forward, as it could be seen as “undoing her legacy”. I’ve heard similar reports that Favreau, Filonni, and Lucas all have similarly negative opinions of the sequel trilogy, as well as the overall direction that has been taken for the franchise. I’d be optimistic about the future of Star Wars with Favreau and/or Filonni at the helm. I think they understand the heart and spirit if the franchise far better than Kennedy, RJ, or JJ ever did.

Another guy I’d love to see in a creative leadership role is Sam Witwer. He’s the actor who played Starkiller in The Force Unleased games, and the voice actor for Darth Maul in the Clone Wars animated series. Just listening to this guy talk about Star Wars gets me giddy and excited:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread