Xbox Series S - $299 with 512GB SSD, digital only (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, September 08, 2020, 13:40 (1331 days ago) @ cheapLEY

190 is not that much more ridiculous than 120.

It's roughly 50% more ridiculous :D

And it’s only going to get worse, with 4K basically becoming the default. 500GB is stupidly small for a hard drive for modern games.

Where "modern games" are massive AAA games that span multiple years. I'm not saying that I wouldn't love more than 500GB and that you are probably right about the size of games going up, but perspective on who the majority of people buying this console is important.

I don't think I can count on my hand the number of games that have played on console that have been over 80GB. Even if all AAA games go to a standard of 120GB, that's still 3 games you can play all at once. Again, I'm not saying that's great, but I doubt 80% of their users will be playing three games that size at the same time. Those people who want a cheap console AND are going to be playing that many games will be buying the extra HD. Where as people who want a cheap console but don't care about playing that many games at the same time don't want to have to pay an extra 50 bucks for their console. $300 is a much better price point than $350.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread